Hi, I’m Paul
email: email@example.com | Mobile: 07754600045 | Skype: pauldev77
I am a freelance consultant offering professional services in UX/UI Design, Web and Visual Development and Speaking Services. I worked for Rolls-Royce for 12 years in a variety of innovative roles in UK, Germany, USA & Hong Kong. Key achievements during that period include helping to establish the first Operations Centre, piloting Service Delivery at Cathay Pacific, delivering flawless A380 ‘Entry into service’ with Singapore Airlines, Customer Director for Middle East & India at IAE and managing the business portfolio for the Boeing fleet at RR Germany. I started ‘Seven Summits Solutions in September 2015 to bring together my skills and passions in aerospace, design and mountaineering.
Seven Summits Solutions | London | Director | 2015-Present
- Providing services in Aerospace Consultancy, User Experience Design, Web and Graphics & Motivational Speaking.
- Designed the ‘Service Center Toolkit’ application used by Rolls-Royce and global partners on Corporate fleet. [Details]
- Provided research and design services to Rolls-Royce on the Civil Aerospace Customer Portal. [Details]
- Speaking to businesses in UK and Ireland on resilience, risk and rewards from a decade of mountaineering.
Irish Seven Summits | Ireland | Mountaineer & Freelancer | 2013-2015
- Team Leader for Everest expedition team of 8 climbers and 13 Sherpa during 2014 and 2015 attempts. [Details]
- Successfully completed six of the ‘Seven Summits’ and raised $43,000 for worthwhile causes along the way.
- Partnered with University of Limerick to introduce science into training, including 2500 hours of simulated altitude testing.
- Freelancer in graphics & web development, winning two national awards in Ireland for Gaelic Games websites.
Rolls-Royce | Germany | Business Management – Boeing Fleet | 2011-2012
- Project managed radical improvement in product reliability and customer satisfaction for BR715 engine powering the global Boeing 717 fleet through a transformational project of work, which received the Chief Executives Quality Award.
- Managed aero engine aftermarket portfolio for Rolls-Royce including revenue and cost responsibility.
- Defined and implemented short, medium and long term business policies and strategies in support of long-term goals.
International Aero Engines | Connecticut USA | Customer Director – Middle East & India | 2008-2010
- Management and resolution of technical, financial & customer support issues for IAE V2500 engine powered Airbus A319, A320, A321 & Boeing MD90 fleets in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and India.
- Managed internationally based IAE personnel in various field offices in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and India.
- Key stakeholder in 25% expansion of customer portfolio for IAE V2500 product and services in Middle East.
- Implemented transformational change in standardising Customer Services delivery across our customer portfolio.
Rolls-Royce | Derby | Customer Manager – Entry into Service (A380/B787) | 2005-2008
- Developed and delivered robust and customised ‘Entry into Service’ programs with 7 large airline customers in 6 different countries including China, Japan, USA, Australia, Singapore and Malaysia.
- Successfully delivered customer Entry into Service of the Trent 900 jet engine on the Airbus A380 aircraft & developed best-in-market tools & processes for Trent 1000 Entry into Service on the Boeing 787 ‘Dreamliner’ aircraft.
Cathay Pacific | Hong Kong | Service Delivery Manager – TotalCare | 2005-2005
- Piloted a new service delivery roll for Rolls-Royce at Cathay Pacific and Dragonair in Hong Kong to investigate the effectiveness of delivering TotalCare services within the airline itself, rather than via the field support office.
Rolls-Royce | Derby | Fleet Planner – Global Airlines Fleet | 2003-2004
- Designed and developed a new framework for centralised fleet management of the global Trent and RB211 fleets in the new Operations Center.
Rolls-Royce | Derby | Graduate Trainee – Engineering | 2001-2003
- Completed the graduate training programme with secondments in Engineering, Service Engineering, Quality, Customer Business and Operations.
- Bachelors in Aeronautical Engineering (BEng) – University of Limerick
- 2015: Awarded World Explorers Bureau ‘Humanitarian Award’ for actions during Nepal earthquake.
- 2014: Winner of ‘Best Website’ design award from Leinster Gaelic Athletic Association.
- 2013: Winner of ‘Best Website’ design award from President of the Gaelic Athletic Association.
- 2012: Winner of Rolls-Royce Chief Executives Quality Award for Boeing 717 ‘Get Well’ Project.
- 2008: Winner of Rolls-Royce Chief Executives Quality Award for Entry into Service of A380.
- 2007: Performance award by Rolls-Royce for contribution to Flawless Entry into Service of the Trent 900.
- 2002: Rolls-Royce Regional & Chairman’s Award – Design & Make ‘Dart Electronic Control System’ project.
- User Experience Design
- Expedition Leadership
- Media Engagement
- Project & Business Management
- Customer Relationship Management
- Customer Focus & Influencing Skills
- Intercultural and Customer Experience
- Rolls-Royce Manager Training
- Early Career High Potential Pool
- Rolls-Royce Sales Director Pool
In 2008 I authored & published “Powering the Whispering Giant” in association with Rolls-Royce marketing. This coffee-table styled book charting the evolution of the Trent 900 jet engine for the A380 ‘Superjumbo’, from initial design through to entry into service in 2007 and the fantastic team that helped to make history.
I have a keen interest in history and geo-politics. I am an avid mountaineer and am actively completing the ‘Seven Summits’ challenge – climbing the highest mountain on each of the 7 continents while fundraising for worthy causes. More details can be found at www.irishsevensummits.com.